|Pastors Desk |
A MESSAGE FROM FATHER MONTY—I hope your Lenten spiritual
plans include the compulsory confession of your sins in the sacrament of penance
and reconciliation. The annual confession of ones sins is a precept of the
Church. As such, every Catholic is obliged to confess their sins, receive
absolution and do penance at least one time a year. No one word
can adequately describe this sacrament. Confession, penance and reconciliation
are all part of our sacramental encounter with the forgiving Jesus. TheCatechism of the Catholic Churchcalls this
"the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation". It is described as the Sacrament
The sacrament is available on Saturday afternoon beginning at 4:00 p.m.
until all are heard. Our communal Lenten Penance Service is on
Wednesday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m. On Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm., our
second grade students will celebrate the sacrament of penance and reconciliation
for the first time. They will enter the reconciliation room with their parents
who will introduce them to the priest. Then they will confess their sins, recite
the Act of Contrition, receive a penance and absolution. Please pray for our
parish's Second Grade students and their families as they celebrate the
sacrament of first penance and reconciliation:
MAY THE LENTEN SPRINGTIME . . .
- Friday Evening Devotions - "The Way of the Cross According to Mark" at 7:00 p.m.
- Faith Formation Penance Services for Families begin next Sunday morning in the Church:
+ Grade Three March 8 9:30 a.m.
+ Grade Four March 8 Noon
+ Grade Five March 15 9:30 a.m.
+ Grade Six March 15 Noon
+ Grade Seven March 22 9:30 a.m.
+ Grade Eight March 22 Noon
- Lenten Parish Penance Service – Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
- Operation Rice Bowl – Hungering for a Bountiful Earth. This week CRS Rice Bowl takes us to the coffee highlands of Nicaragua, where we’re called to protect both the goodness of creation and the livelihoods of struggling families. How will this week’s fast remind us of the sacredness of God’s creation and our duty to protect it? Learn more at www.orb.crs.org
. . . LEAD YOU TO AN EASTER OF UNENDING JOY!
Be a Reflection of Christ's Love through Giving—The
2015 Catholic Services Appeal is off to a great start. To date,
we have received 269 gifts/pledges totaling $113,950.00.
need all of you to contribute! If you have not yet made a gift to the CSA,
please do so this week.
- Our parish assessment for this annual appeal is $57,000.00.
- Please consider a contribution of $200.00 to the appeal—$20.00 per month for ten months—from March-December 2015.
- We are not asking for EQUAL GIFTS from each parishioner. Some will be able to offer a gift or pledge larger than $200.00 and some smaller. Good stewardship does not demand EQUAL GIFTS but does require EQUAL SACRIFICE from each member of the parish.
- CSA pledge envelopes are available in the lobby of the church or from one of our ministers of hospitality.
MARCH COMMUNION CALLS-Father Monty and Eucharistic ministers
will bring Holy Communion to parish shut-ins on Friday, March 6. If a member of
your family is unable to get to Sunday Mass and would like a visit call the
parish office by Noon on Wednesday, March 4.
EASTER FLOWERS—Please use the envelope in your March packet
to make a contribution to the Easter flower fund. Make your gift in memory of a
deceased loved one or in honor of a friend or family member who is celebrating a
special birthday, anniversary, graduation or sacrament. Just fill in the "In
Memory/Honor of" space on the back of the envelope.
FAMILY CENTERED FAITH FORMATION—Did you create your family's
prayer center? Don't forget to read the Gospel for the second Sunday of
Lent—Mark 9:2-10 and add a seed or packet of seeds to your Lenten Prayer Pot. If
you buy a packet of seeds for your prayer center, you could plant them outside
on Pentecost Sunday, May 24, the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend!
THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK-
Key Passage "Then Peter said to
Jesus, 'Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three dwellings, one
for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah'" (Mark 9:5).
How deeply do you believe that since God is for you, no one can destroy
Child What would you like to ask God to do for you and
WHAT KIND OF STEWARD AM I? If you give
according to God's principles, God will give back to you. If you pray "Make my
heart like yours", God will do it.
SAVE THE DATE:
March 1 1st
Reconciliation Family Retreat
March 25 Lenten Penance Service
April 2-5 Easter Triduum
April 5 Easter Sunday
April 19 1st Eucharist Retreat and Rehearsal
April 26 First Holy Communion
May 3 Blessing of Clarion University 2015
April 11 “Purses &
Bling” Ladies Night
November 7 Reverse Raffle
BEST OF ITALY AND SICILY PILGRIMAGE
12 Days: November 9 – 20, 2015
$3689 Roundtrip (Air/land tour price is $3059 plus $630 government taxes
and airline fuel surcharges)
Rev. Monty Sayers
Roundtrip Air fare from Cleveland, First Class/Select Hotels,
Most Meals, Professional Driver/Guide and Comprehensive Sightseeing
Palermo * Agrigento * Siracusa * Taromina * Mount Etna
Amalfi Coast/Sorrento * Pompeii * and 3 nights in Rome with a Papal Audience
For a brochure and more information, contact
Tel: (814) 226-8433 ext. 102 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org